Friday, June 27, 2008

Salami + Bike Racing = Bad Idea

I had originally planned to race in Iowa but with the race postponed because of flooding, I headed down to Mankato, MN instead to do the Bluff Rider Charge at Mt. Kato. Mt. Kato has some really fun trails that are mostly smooth and fast with lots of high speed corners, along with several really sketchy, rooty, off-camber technical descents to keep you honest as well. So the course was great--one of the most fun courses so far this year--and the weather was perfect...but for some reason, I decided it was a good idea to eat a salami sandwich an hour before my race. Salami and bike racing do not compliment each other well I quickly found out...who would have thought?

My day was pretty much over before the racing began, so I just enjoyed the fun trails and tried to stay out of people's way after my fast start quickly faded into salami induced mellow pace. Here are a few pics from the race:

No comments: