Saturday, May 31, 2008

Budweiser and Bullet Shells: A Visit in NH

I spent two great weeks hanging out with friends and family in New Hampshire, including spending some quality time with my brother and his family, biking around southern NH, hanging out with my uncle at his house on a lake. Amelia biked up from Fitchberg, MA to hang out for a few days, just in time to join me at the Acworth Music Festival which was held on May 31st. Pretty much the whole town turned out to see all the local musicians rock the afternoon and evening away, despite the rainy weather. While there are definitely some great musicians in Acworth, my favorite group of the festival was by far the Ac-Tones, a collection of Acworth's finest singers, including my fourth grade teacher and several mothers of friends. Here's a beautiful self-written song that they put together as a tribute to all the hunters in Acworth (careful, it's pretty catchy and is likely to get stuck in your head):



Here are a few more photos from my visit in NH and from the Acworth Music Festival:

No comments: