Saturday, May 3, 2008

Good-bye DC Camping Trip

Alright, so I've finally got around to putting a blog together...so some catching up is in order: The weekend before I left DC, I went camping with a group of my close DC friends at Cunningham Falls State Park. After finishing my last day of work, I zoomed home to pack and head out, only to find that Amelia had come down from Boston as a surprise to join us for the camping trip. We packed up my new car for its first trip drove out of DC. Lauren put her cooking skills to work and set up a wicked feast of meat and veges that we cooked in aluminum foil wraps. After dinner Chris broke out his glowing juggling balls and put on a good show for everyone. We probably kept our neighbors in the other camp sites up with our laughter (ahem, Amelia) but we had a great time into the wee hours.

The next day hiked up to Cunningham Falls, with some stops for vine swinging, riving exploring and cold-lake swimming (only Kat and Chris were brave enough!). It’s easy to forget how much fun you can have just randomly exploring through the woods. You don’t need mountaintops and breathtaking views to have a kick-ass time hiking. My dear friends helped remind me that adventures really are just out your door and that all you need to do is put your shoes on, start exploring and you’re sure to find something extraordinary.

Thanks for the great going-away hiking extravaganza Kat, Chris, Lauren, Heather, Amelia and Scott!


1 comment:

Amelia said...

I'm very impressed with the way you've organized the photos in a slideshow. I'm stealing one for my facebook profile. Glad Kat and I were able to wish you a happy birthday finally!